Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Need Video Help

I need some help. For all you computer literate, technical savvy people- I need some help. How do you record and post videos on your blog? What are you using- your phone, a video camera, a digital camera? Then, how are you transferring it onto your computer? Let me tell you- we have a video camera that is about 5 years old (so ancient in techno years), a Canon Rebel XT EOS digital camera, and a fairly new Motorola Razor cell phone. Can I use any of these to record and post on my blog? If so, how? Thanks for any help you can give me!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I'll be watching for the answer on your blog. I don't know how to do that either. Great question! :)

Heather said...

Can't help you there. I've been having problems for the last couple of days loading pics. on my blog. We took a trip to Savannah last weekend that I'm still trying to get on there! :)

Jennifer H. said...

I use One True Media.com. You can link to it from one of my older posts that has the video montage I made of Nolan. You can also use video, not just pictures, and it is super easy.

I have a digital video camera, so I am not sure about the older video camera. I know there is a way to get those onto the computer, because we did it with our old camera, but it is very difficult and Nathan had a special program for it. Does you Cannon do short video clips? If so, you could use that.

Jennifer said...

No, our digital camera doesn't have a video clip function. It should for as much money as we paid for it! I'll have to ask Jason to look at our video camera to see. Anyone out there use a video camera (not digital) and manage to post some clips?

Thanks for the feedback girls!

See-Dub said...

WARNING: Longest comment EVER coming!

Here's the word from the YouTube people about uploading analog video to your computer:

*******
If you have an analog camcorder (one that uses VHS, VHS-C, SVHS-C, 8mm, or Hi8 tape), you can still get your videos onto YouTube. It will require an extra step and some additional equipment, though, since these camcorders are not usually equipped with computer connections. You will need to digitize the video with a converter box, which will convert the analog signal from the camcorder to a digital signal that the computer can understand. After the video has been digitized, you can manipulate it further or upload it.
********

I didn't do a detailed search but found this to convert analog video to digital that your computer can "read":
Link

That device costs around $200, and for that you could buy a little digital camera that would let you record short videos. That's what I use. We have a digital camcorder, but I still don't have the cable I need to upload video to my Mac. With my "purse camera," it's just too easy to upload short videos from my memory card at the same time I'm uploading photos! The quality's not great, but viewing it online's not going to be exactly high-definition anyway.

I'm out of the loop on uploading cell phone video, so can't help you there!

I used to use Dropshots for video, but now Blogger has its own video player. Once you get the video on your computer, it's WAY easy to blog it!

Good luck!