Monday, October 8, 2007

Books, Books, and more Books

These days, Cooper is all about books! He loves to be read to- it doesn't matter what time of the day it is. Sometimes if he get fussy I can say "want to read some books" and he will run right towards his room. Other times he will get a book from his room and bring it to me, even if I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner. This thrills me because I too have a love for books. My mom once told me that I brought home a Scholast*c book order and she told me to go and circle the ones I wanted. I came back with almost all of them circled! I couldn't get my hands on enough books when I was young. I suppose that love for books is what led me to become a teacher and then on to become a reading specialist. My passion was to help and teach students that were struggling with this and to teach them to LOVE to read. So, there is no sweeter sight then my little monkey walking towards me with a book in hand. Now granted, you better be a wonderful storyteller- with creative voices and all- or this little monk will lose interest and want down.

I was thinking the other day that I needed to make the blog fair by adding a pic of Cooper's toes......mosquito bite and all. He's almost 19 months and it's amazing that he sat still long enough for me to take this shot!

2 comments:

See-Dub said...

It's awesome to see kids LOVE books! We still remember our baby Ryan coming up to us with a simple request: "Read, read, read!"

Phillips Family said...

I am a book fanatic...there are so many children's books (and adult books) in every room of our house. Isaac has picked up on this love and I hope Evelyn will as well. Glad to see that sweet Cooper is into reading!