I've said it before but I'll say it again......I really have no idea how people that don't believe in God and heaven get through something like this. I can't tell you how many times a day I try to picture what heaven is like. I wonder what happened the moment Jason's soul left his body. This is a topic I hope to research and educate myself on better once things settle down a bit. In the meantime, what I do know about heaven gives me great peace and hope.
Our second night as a family of 3 went better than last night. It might have helped that we spent a good amount of the afternoon at the park- enjoying the beautiful weather. The boys ran and played, they chased ducks, they climbed rocks......for a brief moment they were 5 and 8 without a care in the world. I called in Chilis to go and brought it home. I allowed them to watch the new Clone Wars season 3 DVD that they just got while we ate. It's not something Jason and I would typically allow but it filled the void that I didn't have the mental energy to deal with tonight. I think I needed some distraction from the obvious and it seemed that the boys welcomed it as well. They were tired from a long day and neither fussed when it was time for bed.
Hudson started pressing hard with some details of Jason's death. Did I see his surgery? Did I see him die? Where is he buried? When can we see his grave site? These are some tough questions for me because unfortunately the answers really suck. There are details that I feel are too specific for his sweet, innocent little heart. My boys have no idea that their daddy was cremated. It will be years I'm sure before I am able to have that conversation with them. In the meantime, I hope/plan to skate over the details and remain very vague about it. Please pray that Hudson will accept my answers and not press further. I don't like lying to him about it. I'm just protecting him right now. I'm at a loss really on what the best thing to say or do with these questions. Hopefully once we start counseling, I can get some insight on how to handle this.
I continue to be humbled by the sweet friends that check in on me daily. I get numerous texts, emails and Facebook messages with friends (or even people that don't know me) checking in or telling me they still pray. Friends, I can't tell you how much that means to me. It's wonderful to know that Jason isn't forgotten and that people still care that the boys are I are hurting. Thank you so much for loving us!
This past weekend, the boys went camping with Jason's stepdad. They had a blast and it was a great distraction for them. My mom and I went to Granbury for the weekend to get away. A change of scenery was nice for me. It helped me let my guard down a bit since I was in a town where I didn't know anyone. The last week or so I've been a bit paranoid. I feel that everyone knows my story (even though they don't) and that makes me feel really uncomfortable. I have no idea why I feel this way. If you know me, then you know that I HATE to be the center of attention. I hate eyes on me. I like to blend in with everyone else. This experience has definitely put the focus on me and the boys. While I'm thankful in so many ways, it's also brought about some uncomfortable feelings as far as the attention thing goes. So, being in a town where I didn't have a chance to run into anyone I knew was good for me.
I'm so thankful for down time. My boys are both in school and this allows me time during the day to just be. Last night was so emotional for me so today was spent doing a lot of nothing. I am grateful that I have this alone time right now and I acknowledge that some are not given this luxury. This allows me time to cry, think, pray, rest or whatever I need to do so that when 3:00 comes, I am able to get my boys and put the happy face on. I can't imagine if I had a baby to take care of at this moment. I sometimes feel it's a challenge to just take care of myself. Thank you Lord for allowing me time during the day to take care of me so that the rest of the day can be spent taking care of them.
I'm working on how to balance out the emotions I let the boys see. I want them to see me cry. I believe it shows them that crying is okay. It's a must actually. However, I don't want to over do it because then they worry. My sweet boys worry about me and I can tell Hudson gets upset when he sees me cry. It's definitely something I am working on and paying attention to. There are moments in the mornings when I just lose it.....but I'm able to hide it by pretending to look for something in a closet or turn my head while I pack lunches. I miss kissing Jason before he leaves for work and I miss the reassurance that he will be home again in the evening. I miss my former life.
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
You are doing everything right. You are a great Mommy, and your boys will get through this because of you. Love you and here in any way you need me.
Jennifer I wish there was something I could do for you and your sweet boys. I read your blog, and keep up with facebook just to find out how you are doing, and hope and pray you have happy moments in your days. I have said it before and I will say it again, I admire your faith, as I know a lot of us do! You are such a good mom to those two boys and they are so lucky to have you!
Prayers to all of you.
I hate so much that you are hurting. I will be praying specifically for God to give you wisdom and the right words as you try to answer difficult questions for your sweet boys while protecting their hearts. Praying for your heart, too-- healing, comfort, peace, rest-- that He would continue to give you just what you need for each moment.
I so hate to see anybody I know hurt, and you are not any different! I want so badly for you to have your former life back too, but instead I will keep praying and I know God has a plan, (I just wish He would fill us in sometimes!) I saw this verse and thought of you: Jeremiah 31:13b: I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow" I pray this comes quickly for you. :)
I know that this is the hardest thing that you have had to do in your life. I know that it will get easier. It will never go away. But it WILL get easier. I love you sweet girl!
I am wide awake praying specifically for you. God has used you ( I know it is unfair) to draw others so close to Him. I am not usually awake at this hour praying.
I am begging God to allow you the words to share with Hudson when he ask. You are amazing. Truly.
May God wrap His loving arms all the way around you and hold you tight.
Praying~
J
When you have a friend that is hurting, sometimes it feels so impersonal to simply pray for that person to feel better soon. Sort of like this generic prayer with no value. Your honesty in your words on this blog really lets people know exactly what to pray for. We are praying that God gives you the ability to explain death and the wonderful life after death that He has promised to the boys in a way that is comforting to them and in a way that their little hearts and heads can comprehend. I am so thankful you have time to rest during the day and am so proud of you for knowing that is exactly what you need to do right now. Keep that up! By you spending time being sad, angry, sleeping or whatever during the school day you are allowing yourself to be prepared to be Mom at 3:00pm. Hudson and Cooper have been blessed with a wise mommy.
what a good post Jennifer.....you are doing everything right....and you are so smart to give yourself some time to take care of yourself. I'm trying to be more and more specific with my prayers and reading these posts helps me to do that.
Jennifer, it honestly causes my stomach just to sink imagining how hard this must be. It doesn't take any of the pain away, but I hope you know all of the emotions you are feeling are surely expected...and healthy? I so wish you didn't have to go through all of this but am thankful for your ultimate focus. Continuing to pray for constant strength and people around you to lean on.
Love you girlie and continue to pray for you and the boys!
I feel like I bug you by telling you how much I'm praying for you all the time, but I guess I'm not. It's good to see you are getting so much love and some comfort from friends. I'm especially praying for the boys right now too Jennifer!
Post a Comment