I'm so ready for summer. Ready for the obvious reasons but I'm also ready to stop driving all the time. Really. I feel like a taxi driver at times. Except I don't get paid.
I knew this year would be tricky with Hudson's half day kindergarten (which, I still stand behind my opinion that I've LOVED it for him) and with Cooper's recent acceptance into the speech program with our local school district. It really doesn't sound too bad expect that they both attend school on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8-11. At different schools. That's the wrench. Having to be at two places at the same time. It's been challenging.
Here's a look at our weekly morning schedule. I document this not to necessarily complain or gain sympathy, but for myself, so that one day I can look back and remember the craziness. (now why would I want to do that?)
Monday-
- Get the boys up at 6:50
- Serve them breakfast- which can often take a while and I've been known to say things like "come on guys, we need to eat" or "it's going to be sad when we leave for school in our jammies"
- Get everyone dressed. Hudson is a piece of cake. Cooper is another story. Just imagine wrestling a steer and you get the idea. No wonder I'm sweating profusely when I walk out the door!
- Gather all of our essentials such as backpacks, etc...and head out the door at 7:30.
- Take Hudson to school around 7:35 or so
- Drive through multiple school zones and one lane roads to get Cooper to school by 8:00. This is no easy feat and at times I feel my blood pressure begin to raise as I hit every red light or get stuck behind some granny that is taking her sweet time. If you know me, you know that I can't stand to be late and this adds to the morning stress.
- What to do? Not really a ton of time to go all the way home but I occasionally do. Run maybe a few errands during this time.
- Head back to get Cooper from school around 10:40. Even though his class ends at 11, I have to be at the other school to get Hudson so I must retrieve him early so that we make kindergarten pickup for Hudson.
- Pick Hudson up at 11 and head home for lunch.
- Rest of the day is open but we usually either play outside or around here because Cooper naps around 2pm
Tuesday-
- Get the boys up at 7:00 and feed/dress them like I mentioned above.
- Leave around 7:45 to take Hudson to school. Why the different time? Well, because this is a preschool day and it doesn't start for Cooper until 9:00 so we have a little more time.
- Drop Hudson off at school but now I have around 30 minutes because it's too early to head to preschool but such a pain to head back home. Sure enough, we head home and Cooper gets settled in on something there and then doesn't want to leave again. I make his lunch, do a few things around here, and wrestle the steer once again to get him into the car.
- 8:35 is when we leave for Cooper's preschool. It's about a 20 minute drive there.
- 9:00 is when I drop Cooper off and breathe a slight sigh of relief. We are all where we should be!
- 9:10-10:30ish I can run errands, grocery shop, etc..... but can't venture too far because it's almost time to get Hudson from school.
- Pick Hudson up from school at 11 and either head home for lunch or somewhere fun, depending on what our plans are for that day.
- 11-1:30ish I get to spend with just Hudson. Sometimes we hang out at home, go to the library, Chuck E Cheese or some place fun that he wants to do. I love this time with just him and will miss it next year.
- Pick Cooper up from preschool around 2:00 and head home. Get home around 2:20 and do all the fun things that need to be done around here- laundry, pick up the house, etc....
Wednesday and Thursday are repeats of Monday and Tuesday.
Friday-
- We take Hudson to school and luckily Cooper doesn't have anything on this day so it's much less stressful that the others. Whew!
*******************************************************************************
So that's it. The glamorous life of a stay at home mom! See why I'm ready for summer? I'm pooped just typing it all out!
1 comment:
oh I feel your pain! But it will end too soon for you, I know.
Matt takes the bus now :-( at HIS request.......*sigh*
BTW, he is 5'6" now Jennifer. I'm 4 inches shorter than my 13 year old son.
Post a Comment