Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Great Saturday!

Today we loaded up for a fun day but didn't tell the boys where we were going. Here are the excited/surprised looks they gave us while trying to guess where we were taking them.
We took the boys to Fort Worth to ride the train. They loved it!
All Aboard!
It was a bit overcast today but was a perfect day for a train ride. In fact, it was more on the chilly side while riding the train but I'll take that any day over 100 degrees.
Next we headed over to the Botanic Gardens.
They loved all the fountains.
This is such a neat tree. Look how huge it is.

Hudson would often ask us what some of the various signs around the gardens said. We told him this was a Chinese Sweetgum tree. He said, "Look Cooper.....I found a tree that grows gum!" We had to break the news that this is not that kind of gum tree.

*********************************************************************************

Our little guys were tuckered out from a fun filled day. We came back home and let them nap/rest and I decided to head out to the local Sam Moon that opened yesterday. The recession has obviously not effected this store because it was pure craziness!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like a fun day! That train is on my list for this summer, and that's a great idea to add the Botanical Gardens while you're there. I'll have to copy!

I'm not brave enough to go anywhere near that Sam Moon for a few weeks and the craziness subsides some.

Anonymous said...

Honestly you should take us next time :) I will have to tell Karen about your trip I think we all would love esp. JACK!