Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Animal Scavenger Hunt

I picked Cooper up from speech school today and they were outside on the playground searching for "bugs." Today was the day that his class should have gone on a field trip but thanks to the swine scare, all field trips in our district have been cancelled. So, his teachers wanted to do something fun for them so she let them find various plastic bugs that were hidden outside. Cooper LOVED this and didn't want to leave. I actually had to bribe him that we'd do something similar at our house after lunch. So after lunch, we gathered up our plastic animals/bugs and had our own scavenger hunt. The boys loved this and played so good together. Hudson went slow and let Cooper find lots of animals too. He even pointed a few out and then let him pick them up.

We did the hunt twice and they kept begging to do it again. I think I've found a wonderful thing to use as an incentive on days they won't cooperate. Best part is that it's easy and free!

***********************************************************************************

Speaking of Cooper's speech class- he continues to do so well. He's talking up a storm and says new words each day. We are understanding most of what he says and basically we are fine tuning his speech. Yes, there are still some things he says that we don't understand but he has come SOO far the last 6 months or so!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea!