On May 15th, my sweet mom turned 60. It's kind of like with my kids......where did the time go? How in the world is she 60? Although we know it's just a number, we are thankful and blessed that she is here to celebrate this day!


Mom with all of her loot. We have a tradition in our family.....instead of bringing gifts, we have a money tree for that person. It's awesome because then you can spend it on what YOU want. I think she got a little over $300. Woo-hoo!
Happy birthday, mom. I thank God for you every day!
**********************************************************************************

Yesterday, Cooper crawled into a basket and made his own little "movie feater."


Yesterday Hudson got into the car after school and was going on and on about a certain book he eyed at the book fair. His school had a family night book fair and he really wanted to go. I was hosting Bunco so it was going to be up to Jason to take them. He kept telling us about this robot book and about how bad he wanted it. Jason took him and he was so excited to get it. It has a TON of neat information (about modern technology) but this by far is his favorite page. He woke up early this morning and came into our room carrying the book and asking for us to read it to him.

Now he's begging for
this Lego Robot that costs about the same as a monthly car payment. Sheesh!

I had the pleasure of spending some time alone this morning with this little monkey.....who informed me the other day that he "sure needs a haircut!" (which we are going to get in a bit)
Reading books to his bear.
*********************************************************************************
Last night I hosted Bunco at my house. We don't typically do "themes" but every once in a while someone will choose a theme to spice it up a bit. I decided to do a 70's theme and we had lots of fun!

Charis found the BEST dress from Goodwill. I swear it looked like something Carol Brady would have worn. Of course, Tami and Laurie looked groovy too!


Diane- thanks for the yellow daisies!


During the summer of
1997, I purchased this yellow bell-bottom jumpsuit at an Abilene Goodwill store. It hung in my closet for YEARS and Jason even told me a few times to get rid of it. (he thinks I'm a bit of a pack rat) Lo and behold this baby didn't let me down. I was able to squeeze myself into it after all this time! Here are some pics from the good ole' days:

Andrea, me, Robyn and Laura- August 1997- Kojie Stock


Laura, do you still have the Chin-Sue shirt? If so, you need to come over right away so that we can do some prank calling!! Oh, what fun memories!!

And no 70's Bunco night would be complete without the strobe light.......that I just so happened to borrow from Hudson.
2 comments:
I like the tradition of a money tree...great idea, like Cooper's movie feater, & love the 70's looks!
you and your girlfriends.! HA! I always get jealous. I'm so glad to see your mom looking so happy! Tell her hello for me :-)
Post a Comment