Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Day of Me School

I mentioned this recently- that Cooper's speech has come a long way these last few months. We've had so many people tell us lately that he is talking so well. That thrills me....mostly for him. He still struggles with some sounds but overall is doing great. Right now, some of his words are SOOO cute and deep down I know I'll be sad when he corrects them. For example, he says "me" in place of "my" and he puts the "uh" sound at the end of several words. Here are just a few phrases he has said today to give you an idea:
* "heeeeey, you wake-uh me up"
* "it's last day of me school"

* "Hudson hit-uh me on the head"

* "Wuv voo too"

* "hmmm, I don't fink so"

In fact, today was the last day of his preschool. Wow, this year flew by. He had a blast and was blessed by wonderful teachers. They had "Beach Day/Water Day" and Cooper was excited to wear his swim suit to school.
When I picked him up he was covered in red popsicle.

With Mrs. S

With the other Mrs. S

This is the look he gives me when he says "hmmm, I don't fink so." I'll say something like, "Cooper do you want to go potty." His response is "hmmmm, I don't fink so." Too cute! (now ask me next week and I'm sure I will no longer think it's cute!)

He has 2 more days next week of speech class and then he is officially on summer break. I think in some ways he will miss school over the next 3 months. He's my social child and always wants to be on the go!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That is great news. So glad to hear he's done so well!

Heather said...

Too cute! And good idea to document all those things he says, cuz we do forget. And he is potty trained? You go girl! I'm praying H is in 2 mos when he starts school!!