This past week we were shopping for new area rugs. This is hard.
We found one place that let you "check out" a few to take home and try. What a great concept! We loved the one on the right but quickly realized it was too small for our space. We just ordered a sectional......never had one before- have always done the couch, love seat and chair thing. A sectional really closes the space off so this 5X7 was going to look tiny.
We got part of our sectional the other day. The rest is coming next week. And don't mind our messed up fireplace. The face lift on that is happening soon. Here is the fabric we are using for our drapes. We have one large wall that is all windows.
We decided on this large, 8X10, shag rug for our living room. It has kind of a grassy texture.
The curtains in our playroom had to be taken down a couple of weeks ago (along with every other curtain, picture on the wall, etc.....for the painters) I debated about cleaning them because I figured they were dusty from being up for a few years. My gut was telling me to take them outside and beat them. I read the directions tho and decided to wash them as instructed.
Yea, every single panel shrunk. Awesome. I don't even have the energy to deal with this right now.
The boys are loving all the room right now.....lots of wrestling.
We have had to put felt on every single thing in our house because of the floors. I'll go ahead and just start calling Shawn the felt Nazi. Cooper is helping him put felt on our new little stools.
On Wednesday, my sweet friend and team member hosted a Thieves Make and Take. I came home with all these goodies that help me in my chemical free lifestyle. Room spray, wood polish, dryer balls, everyday cleaner, dish soap, foaming hand soap, a soft scrub type cleaner and laundry detergent. Love it all!!
Today this little guy had Fairy Tale day at school. I took them to school on Thurs and then freaked out because I had nothing for him to wear. Hudson was my child that NEVER wanted to participate in things like this. If they were optional, he was opting out of it. Cooper is my child that wants to do IT ALL. So I knew I had to figure something out. How did any of us survive before Pinterest?
Jack and the Beanstalk.
The other day, gas was $1.86 a gallon. I used my Kroger card and got it down to $1.36. I know its not great news for the oil industry or those that work in it but it is greatness for me!













No comments:
Post a Comment