Monday, November 11, 2013

Things That Make Me Happy

After my sad news on Friday.....which resulted in a bit of an emotional slump for me.....I decided to look around today and find things that make me happy.  This list might seem shallow but keep in mind that the obvious things that make me happy are my family, friends, our health, home, etc..... These are just icing on the cake.


I finally made a decision on the rain boots I've had my eye on for a while.  I went with this bright and cheery red color.  I just got them in and can't wait to wear them!  Trying them on today put a smile on my face.


Hudson's math tutor.  I could go ahead and just stop right there and my list would be complete.  He started last Monday and let me just say that I actually enjoyed my afternoons with my kids last week.  No arguing.  No googling equations.  No dicing onions while I try to explain prime numbers to my kid.  Worth every single cent!!

My first Christmas gift purchase arrived today.  I have my lists and am getting started.  My goal is to be finished by Thanksgiving.  I will not shop with the crazies this year.  I won't.

In less than 4 days I will be on a plane....with some of my sweetest friends....heading to a fun destination that's been on my bucket list for a while now.....enjoying a kid-free weekend.  So excited!

What has made you happy today?

5 comments:

Kristi said...

What made me happy today...
1) finally feeling like myself after being sick last week.
2) Signing up for my first half marathon! It made me happy and nervous.

Brandi said...

I'm already finished shopping...woohoo!! I too didn't want to shop with the crazies. My gifts are already wrapped and I'm so ready to put up the tree. Have fun this weekend!!

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Yay! You got the Hunter boots!! I LOVE my red ones too and am so happy I got that color. It's so cheery.

Karen L. said...

I am happy to finally, after a month away, be able to go to church this past Sunday, especially to our College and Career Class which my husband and I lead. Missed those young people! I herniated a lumbar disc on Oct. 9th, was in the hospital for six days, and have been slowly improving since then. So much to be happy and grateful for these days as I'm able to do so much more than four weeks ago. :)

Lindsay said...

Jennifer...Lindsay (Baldelli) here. Love coming here from time to time and reading your words.
Lovin the boots too for sure! Red was a good choice :)

What made me happy today was after hearing Alanis Morrisette's Hand in My Pocket come on my streaming music channel while working from home, I decided instead of just downloading it like I normally would, that I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to 'hold' my music. I wondered for a second if Best Buy even carried CD's anymore, much less a classic like Jagged Little Pill.
And then it occurred to me...the library. So I zoom over there and sure enough they had it. They also had Nirvana's NeverMind and an old Sarah Mcclauglin that could afford to be imported into my digital library. And as I'm looking for more oldie but goodies, I can't seem to find Guns N Roses' Appetite for Destruction. So I go to checkout and cautiously ask the 70s something yr old white, female, grandma looking clerk if she could please run a search for 'Guns and Roses'. I asked it in a way like I would maybe have to spell it for her, or repeat it...surely she didn't know what I was talking about. Nothing came up.

So I politely say 'oh that's okay'. But because I don't want her to think I was asking for anything that literally had to do with guns (not that that's a bad thing) I asked with hesitation if she knew who Guns N Roses were...and without taking a breath she goes 'oh yeah'...like she goes way back with them or something. So hilarious. Just goes to show you never can judge a book by its cover huh?! ha! Made me smile today for sure.

Sending love and light to ya girl! Enjoy your weekend! I'm jealous!!

Lindsay