It's been rainy here the last couple of days and for me, rainy days = soup days. Really, I love soup so much that I can eat it year round but something about the fall/winter season that makes me want to make it more often. If you haven't ever made Pioneer Woman''s Chicken Tortilla Soup then you are missing out. Seriously. It's so good. We had it for dinner last night.
On Halloween night, just as I was tucking Cooper into bed he says "We didn't carve our pumpkins." Ugh! How in the world did I forget that? We painted them and went trick-or-treating and did all the usual Halloween stuff but somehow we managed to forget the carving. Major mom fail moment.
I'll go ahead and blame it on sweet boys late hours. He has been getting home really late from work and we have zero time during the week to do things like this. Then, they spent the entire weekend at my mom's house last weekend......so I take no responsibility for this mishap. :) But I still feel like a slacker mom for not doing it.
So last night, we cut off the tops of their pumpkins and let them play. They put their hands inside, scooped out all the seeds and did their thing. That sort of counts, right?
I didn't roast the pumpkin seeds like I normally do. Oh well.....there is always next year. Maybe I'll have my act together by then.
I got the boys school pictures the other day. They look so big to me!
Hudson is in 5th grade. He loves science, Lego's, making comic books, and reading silly books like Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Captain Underpants. He still likes to be goofy and be the class clown (even though I think he is bringing it down a notch or two)....he loves to make people laugh. He also has a serious side to him too. Hudson prefers to hang around the house with his family but will also enjoy getting out and experiencing life.....once we drag him there. Ha!
Cooper is in 2nd grade. He loves art, Lego's, and playing the piano. He is getting really good at it too. He participates in the morning running club at his school. Cooper is very competitive and has such a passion for life. He is extremely social and never wants to miss out on things. Cooper is hard headed and strong willed but is probably the most sensitive kid I know. He still loves to snuggle.
Love my boys!!




No comments:
Post a Comment