Monday, November 4, 2013

Kidless, a Baby Shower and the Switch Witch


My mom offered to take the boys for the weekend.  So on Friday, I took them to her house after school.  They were soooooo excited to spend 2 nights with her.  I love so much that they have sweet/involved/loving grandmas!

On Friday night, we did what every other lame normal couples does and we ordered our favorite pizzas from Palios and then crawled into our comfy bed and watched a movie.  Then we opened a bottle of dessert wine that we purchased at a winery in Napa.  Sad to say that it was a super nice and relaxing night and both of us said there is no other place we'd rather be. (okay, so maybe I'd rather be sipping wine on an island in the Caribbean but you know what I mean!)

On Saturday evening, we had a couple's baby shower for some of Shawn's friends.  Brad and Amy (pictured below) are also having a baby in December.

Rick and Dawn were so sweet and were the ones that hosted our wedding reception after we got married last year.  I was happy that we could share in this exciting time with them.
* apparently it was plaid night?

Sunday was our anniversary.  One year.  Wow.....in some ways it has gone by really fast and other ways I feel like we've been married a long time (in a good way)  We slept in and then ate lunch at Carrabas and did a little shopping at Best Buy before picking the boys up from my mom.  I know.....we really know how to live up a kid-free weekend!  Ha!  But it was nice and relaxing and just what we needed.


I've mentioned before that I really try to limit the amount of sugar the boys eat.  I think this really does play a huge role in the fact that they don't get sick a ton and neither of them have had a cavity.  I started participating in the Switch Witch tradition several years ago and it's a win-win for everyone.

Basically you take all the leftover candy from Halloween (we totally pigged out and they ate as much as they wanted on Halloween night.  Then, I let them take about 5-6 favorite pieces each to keep and the rest goes into a bag)  We set the candy out at night and the next day, the Switch Witch has come and replaced that with something fun they have been wanting.

She brought Season 5 of the Clone Wars....and they were thrilled.  See, everyone is happy!!

Have a great week!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So what do you do with the candy once the switch is made?

Jennifer said...

I've dropped it off at doctors offices in the past. I have a coworker at preschool whose husband is a college professor and he keeps candy in his room for them. I plan to take it to her tomorrow so he can take it to school with him.

Julie said...

Where's the candy?!