Monday, June 1, 2009

A Productive Weekend

A few years ago, I went on a scrapbooking weekend with my college friends. On that trip, I made an "ABC" scrapbook for Hudson since his 3rd birthday was quickly approaching.
He has LOVED this book for the last few years and lately Cooper has shown interest in it as well. He would bring it to us and look through the pages and say "is that me?" We realized that Cooper wanted and needed an ABC book of his own. So, my sweet husband sent me away this weekend with one mission: to complete a book for Cooper. So, I headed out to seclusion for the weekend and came home with an almost finished book for Cooper. (I had one letter that I couldn't find stickers for so I'll finish that this week) Cooper has been so excited ever since and it's been so sweet to watch him look through it. I'm so, so glad I took the time to make it for him.
I'm really thankful for Jason......who encouraged me to do this and took care of the boys this weekend while I was gone. Thanks honey! My mom also did me a huge favor and came over around lunch time on Friday so that I could get a head start and leave a little early. I'm so blessed that my mom is close by and that she offers to help me out at times like this. The boys love seeing her and spending time with her. Not to mention, she is so great about making dinner for the boys. Unfortunately she knows that most times I will have a menu set out for her and she doesn't complain one bit. I have everything ready for her and she makes sure that these men are fed.

I had the instructions and ingredients laid out for her. I have some soy and ginger flank steak marinating in a baggie and everything else for the Asian vegetables. Thanks mom for always taking the time to cook our meals while I'm gone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 comments:

da momma said...

im jealous! good job! great hubby & mom!

Stacey said...

impressive, jason!