Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hello Summer

Yesterday we went here with Laurie and her boys....kind of as a way to celebrate school being out. It was the first time any of us had been there and the boys all loved it. Laurie and I loved that we could sit in the middle area and still see them, instead of constantly having to run around and look for them. The bounce houses were unique and it just had a really comfortable feel.
Hudson and Brady. Hard to believe that they have been "friends" since before they could even walk or talk. Seems like just yesterday.Our little guys were so cute! They spent lots of time at this air hockey table and did quite well.

We played so hard that someone was tuckered out and fell asleep on the chair. Crazy that my son, who NEVER naps, took a decent nap yesterday and my monkey that still takes a 2-3 hour nap decided that he didn't need one yesterday. (sigh)

Speaking of monkey.....while I was on the phone with Laurie and making plans for our day, I went into the study for just a few minutes. I finished the phone call and came back to find someone with a really guilty look on his face. He pointed to the floor and there I found a heaping pile of baking soda from an almost full box. He helped himself in the fridge and felt the urge to pour it out on the carpet. I really thought by age 3 we would be outgrowing these situations. Oh, fun times for me!

The now empty box.

Strategically placed right between my two couches.

My neighbor and I decided to buy tickets for the movies this summer . Both of us realized that our younger kids won't sit through a movie so each week we plan to take turns- one week I'll take the older boys while she keeps Cooper and her daughter and then next week she will take the older boys while I watch the younger ones. She had something come up at the last minute today and couldn't participate. I decided to get brave and take both of mine to see what would happen. I must have been feeling pretty confident or something this morning.

Today's feature was Space Chimps- a show that none of us have seen so I was hopeful that this would be a success. Somewhere in the communication lines Cooper must have been confused because after about 5 minutes he started asking where the zebras and lions were at. I told him on the way over that we were watching a movie about monkeys.....and I assume that his little mind told him we were going to see a whole host of live animals???? Once the kid packs (small popcorn, fruit snack, and drink) were consumed it was my full time mission to entertain monkey boy. Hudson was having a grand ole' time and I didn't hear a peep out of him the entire 81 minutes. ( I mean, who's counting?) I didn't want to yank them and head back home (like I had threatened before we got there) because he was enjoying the movie. So, I did everything but juggle our popcorn buckets in order to keep Cooper happy. So....it was for sure an experience and one that I'd like to not visit again until at least next summer, when hopefully they will both sit through a movie. In the meantime, I'll swap weeks with my neighbor or try to get someone to watch Cooper for me. The movie theater is one place I'd rather not be outnumbered at.

After lunch we pulled out the sprinklers because the boys were dying to get them out.



Most of the time, my kids looked like this....with their hands over their faces and complaining that water was getting into their faces. I tried to explain to them that that is part of the sprinkler process but they didn't buy it. They had more fun spraying my car instead.

One summer day down and many more to go!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like ya'll are starting summer w/ a bang. That mischevious (sp?)look on Cooper cracks me up. Isn't it funny how we know when they've done something?
The movies are tricky for us too. We have free movies here & the popcorn & drinks used to be $1. This year the concessions are full price. Everyone is bummed cuz once the food runs out you have to start entertaining, and we don't want to spend that much. So, it'll be interesting.
Have a great summer!

Stacey said...

would you like me to burst your cooper bubble now or later?!! my guess is that he won't be outgrowing mischevious for a long long time! i speak from experience! :) (but we can always hope, right?!)

Yarni Gras! said...

yeah...so tell me....what's UNDER the baking soda? haha!