Monday, March 2, 2009

Excuses Excuses!

I've got about a hundred excuses for why I haven't updated my blog. None of them are really good excuses.......sure wish I could say that I've been vacationing on a remote island somewhere but unfortunately that isn't true. I have been busy with two local consignment sales. Prepping clothes and toys for these sales is pretty time consuming but it's really worth it. Not only does it put a little extra $ in the wallet, but it helps clear out our closets and make room for the new. This time of year (transitioning seasons) is so fun for me! I love to pull out buckets of clothes for the boys and organize them in their closets. I tend to buy a large amount of clothes, on sale, for the following year so it's like Christmas around here when I pull it out and see what we have waiting for us. I know that my time is limited on buying "cute" clothes for my kids, especially since they are boys. So, I'm soaking up the fun while I can. I was downright giddy when I rediscovered some good deals I found last year......$30 sandals for Hudson for $5.99

A pair of shorts for Cooper.....for $1.99. I still smile at this one!! Of course, it's a rare find to pay $1.99 for anything at Gymboree and most of my deals were not quite this good but I still managed to save huge bucks! I'm looking forward to Spring now. (unfortunately, I'm not quite as giddy about the clothes in my closet!)

********************************************************************************

It's hard to imagine that this little guy will be turning 3 in two weeks. We will soon be redoing his room and transitioning him into a big boy bed so hopefully that will go smoothly. We found out last week that Cooper qualified for the speech program through our school district and we are so happy! He will start after Spring Break (will be out for the summer and follow the same school calendar as H) and will go twice a week. We feel so confident that by kindergarten he will not need these services anymore. He's already come SOOO far!!



Hudson is enjoying school and recently started going to a Mad Science class once a week up at his school. He likes the experiments and hand-on approach to the class. He is getting so tall and he looks more and more like a big kid to me. A permanent front tooth is starting to come in so the awkward stage isn't far away. This young man will turn 6 in less than a week and he's looking forward to his Lego party on Saturday. He's really into Scooby-Doo these days. A quick story about him: we were casually playing one night and I can't remember what we were talking about but all of a sudden, Hudson took a big gulp (like a nervous gulp) and said that what we were talking about made him nervous. Then he said, "I think I need a ham sandwich to calm my nerves!".....it was the funniest thing! He sounded just like Shaggy! You'd have to hear it from him to really get the humor but I wanted to make note of it so that I didn't forget it. Hudson's little version of Wall-E from his blocks. He still continues to create some pretty neat things- most of which I don't take pictures of. I really do need to get better about that!

On Sunday, our lesson at church was about Time and how we spend our time. It really got me thinking about how I spend my time and my downfall is definitely the computer. I'd be embarrassed if I added up all the time I spent looking on the internet, reading blogs, or logging in to Facebook. I'm really thinking about giving all that up for a while and just updating my blog when I can (without spending time reading others) so that I still document our days but that way I can spend more time with my family. I'm striving for balance in all of these areas. We'll see how it turns out.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Those are good deals. I have heard WONDERFUL things about the school's 3 yo speech programs. I bet he will love it. And great job to you for doing everything to help him!

Contact Me for an appointment said...

It is hard not to get sucked into the world of computer land! It sounds like the Holy Spirit convicted your heart and you are trying to obey. I will pray for you and encourage you do what you need to- I know that I can loss sight and ignore my kiddos while I send that last email...boundaries- I try to set time limits.

Stacey said...

i don't have the patience to participate in consignment or garage sales, but i do love going! i either give to friends or to goodwill for the tax deduction. my favorite deals too are the super cheap ones for next year!!

Yarni Gras! said...

I used to do the same thing....but now it is too hard and the kids outgrow stuff before the season...enjoy it while they are little!

Heather said...

I love pulling out the new seaons' clothes. It really is like xmas. And discovering all the deals you got last year is fun too! :)