Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Transition Time

A few weeks ago, I listed our nursery furniture on Craigslist. I had a whole host of offers for individual pieces but no one wanted the full set. I was determined to not break the set apart- I didn't want to get stuck with a changing table- so I stood firm and waited until someone wanted the entire thing. Last Monday, I got an email from a girl around 3pm and by 7:00 that night, they were here to pick it up. It happened really fast ......I was emptying contents of drawers into garbage bags....it was crazy. The timing was perfect because Cooper's big boy bed came two days later. Here is Cooper right before we sold the crib.Last few moments in the crib
One of the first times to sleep in his bed. He looks so small to me now. He obviously still moves around while sleeping.

Cooper was really confused when we started loading his furniture out the door. He looked at his crib and kind of cried out....especially when he went into his bare room later that night. He slept on his twin mattress those two nights and did really well. We talked to him about how his crib was going to a good home and that a new baby would get to sleep there. We talked about how big he was and about how proud we were of him. He has really surprised us both and done really good- at night and during the day for naps. (with the exception of the one night he screamed out at 1 am.....Jason went in his room and could not find him. He had crawled over the headboard and was pinned between the bed and the wall. It really scared him so hopefully he won't be doing that again!) We don't call him Monkey Boy for nothing.

The "chair" sold last week while I was out of town. God is really good with His timing. I think he knew that it would be easier for me if I wasn't here to see it go. I miss having it in his room but know that it's what we needed to do. Heck, I can't be rocking him until he starts kindergarten, now can I?
So, my baby has officially transitioned into a big boy!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

After Colin moves into a big boy bed I am probably going to sell our nursery furniture.

Josh turns 7 this Friday and I am amazed at how quickly time has flown by.

Cute birthday photos! Such handsome guys you have.

Laura Drury said...

Cooper is big! Congrats on the sale. It does help knowing that a new, sweet baby and mom will love that furniture!

Jenn said...

Made me laugh and think about Hudson getting stuck in between the couch that time. Poor lil' Coop! Looks so BIG in that new bed. I can't wait to see the finished room.

Kelly said...

Wow, that is a big step...fun!

Stacey said...

for all the times we tell them to be a big boy, when it really happens it is much harder on mom!!