Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight Savings and other Monkey Business

I'm probably the only person on the planet that loves Daylight Savings! (and based on all the Facebook status updates I'm seeing I do believe this is the case!) I've said it before, but spring is by far my FAVORITE season!! I love this time of year.

1. I love that it stays light longer and we have more time outside. It does make it more of a challenge to steer the boys inside (because even though it's still light outside we do need to stick with our schedule of baths and bedtime) but it's so worth it!

2. I love all the pretty flowers that start to bloom. I especially love the Bradford Pears in my front yard right now.
3. I love spring clothes......it's so much easier and faster to get the boys dressed. No coats and layers!! I'm a huge fan of capris and sandals! (for me, not them)

4. For the past few weeks, Monkey has been waking up at 6am. That's right people, 6 o-clock in the monin'......even on weekends. So, this lovely change in time has caused monkey boy to sleep in. In fact today I had to wake him up so that we could take Hudson to school.

(he is so tired that he didn't even wake up when I walked into the room. He's usually a very light sleeper and I can rarely walk in without him hearing me)

Hello Spring!

*********************************************************************************

2 Silly Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.......

Lately, I've become a pretty big fan of Craigslist. I've sold a TON of stuff on it lately and a few weeks ago we bought Cooper a brand new mattress for $50 on it. This lady was selling because her daughter had outgrown her bunk bed and wanted a full bed and this mattress was on the top bunk and was not used. Pretty sweet! So, it's currently being stored in our house for a few more days until the new furniture arrives and we can begin using it. In the meantime, I'm all about pulling it out when my kids get stir crazy. They jump and have a grand ole time.

I'm sure the boys will hate me one day for posting pics like this. We'll just consider it payback for the time I took Hudson to his 3 year wellness checkup where he totally embarrassed me to death. We were in one of the rooms waiting for the doctor and a very large nurse walked in to get some basic info from me. In the loudest voice he could muster, he looked at me and said, "mom, does she have a big body?" You can not even imagine how thick the air was in that room. Oh, good times!

**********************************************************************************

Hudson is the Star of the Week in his class and he was pretty excited to take his poster to school and share it with his friends.

On Friday, Cooper and I took cookies to Hudson's class to celebrate his birthday. Here is the class singing to Hudson and look at monkey right there......wanting to do just what brother does!

(by the way, I don't encourage the full button-up situation that Hudson is sporting. I try to tell him that it's cool to leave the top button undone but he won't. So, just in case you are wondering...it's ALL HIM!!) He's pretty adamant about it. Maybe he knows something I don't.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

I love spring, but I despise Daylight Savings Time. It doesn't work well with my night owl personality.

I was laughing at Hudson's shirt. Cade does the same thing, but we can talk him out of it :) Of course, what do we know? We used to wear our collars flipped up! We were so cool.

Kelly said...

I love the time change! The last 2 days, Tate has slept until 8:30...all time record!

The picture of the boys jumping on the mattress is too cute!

Phillips Family said...

I love all the pear trees right now!

Happy late birthday to Hudson!

Laura Drury said...

Girl, I am with you on the time change! I love it! I feel like a new woman with it being light that extra hour. Let's break out the spring clothes for ourselves. :) Love the bday pics & the boys...so cute. I am rolling at H's shirt. What these kids get in their minds...Hope you have a good week.

Yarni Gras! said...

uh, okay...have you forgotten when I came to work MORITIFED that Matt had pointed at that clerk in Target and said (at the top of his voice...)
"Mommy, that lady has RAT TEETH."
Remember now? Yeah...you got off EASY SISTA!

Stacey said...

i would love dst if we were out of school already. so hard to get them down at night and up in the morning! love the cooler, lit up evenings though!

Contact Me for an appointment said...

I love hearing your voice as you write! I can see you! You are such an incredible mom balancing fun and structure. I love spring too. I took pics my tress, too. Too funny! Enjoy the season!

mandy said...

haha i cracked up when i read what Hudson said at the drs office. but i am sure it was not funny at the time.

too cute!