Wednesday, September 20, 2017

White Feathers and Fall

I saw this the other day on Facebook and it made me laugh!!


Not long after Jason died, someone told me to look for white feathers.  I started seeing white feathers all around.  I had not seen one in a while but a couple of weeks ago, when we were in Houston, I saw a couple of them (didn't have my phone) and it warmed my heart that I knew Jason was proud of us and what we were doing for our friends.  The last couple of days, my youngest has been asking me more about his dad and heaven and even saying things like "I can't wait for the rapture so that Jesus will come back and I can play baseball in heaven with my dad."  {sigh}  I'm here to tell you that even almost 6 years post-death, those comments do not hurt any less.  I still hate that this is our reality.  The fall always symbolizes Jason's life (he loved fall) and his death (Oct 5 is the anniversary) and there tends to be an unspoken sadness during this time.  

Yesterday, I was walking from my room to the kitchen and this caught my eye.  It's sitting on our side table in the living room.  We have no feathers in our house.  None of our pillows or comforters have feathers.  I can't explain how or why this is here.  I really do believe that Jason is telling me that he loves us! 



On Sunday, we had friends over to watch the Cowboy vs. Broncos game.  Not a great game but still a fun time with friends!

Can I get an amen?  

Fall really doesn't mean much in Texas.  Its still in the high 90's and the idea of sweaters and scarves and all of that are just wishful thinking.  I often wish I lived in a place that had all 4 seasons.


I want to experience fall foliage.  It's been on my bucket list for years and years........and I'm excited that I will get to experience that soon.  Sweet boy and I have a fun little trip planned and I'm getting to cross something off of my bucket list.  Can't wait!!

These combos are going full blast at our house right now.  It might not feel like fall outside but the inside of my house says otherwise. :)




Goal this week is to get some pictures hung in the boys' hallway.  I'm hoping to have some pictures of Jason here as well.

When school started back up, we started back with our chores.  I have a list of things the boys have to do.....the basics like keep your room clean (floor picked up, bed made, drawers pushed in, bathroom vanity cleared off, etc....) take out trash, help set table for dinner, etc....  They earn $1 a day so they get around 30 bucks a month to do what they want with.  After a couple of weeks, they started getting a little bit laze.......



so neither of them earned money for several days.  When it came time for payday....they only made a dollar or two......

.....so now it looks like we are back on track.

Hoping my future daughter-in-laws will thank me. :)

No comments: