Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Happy Fall

For the very first time in 5 years, I am excited to decorate for fall.  You see, when Jason unexpectedly died, it was during the fall and I had my entire house decorated with pumpkins and fun stuff.  I can't tell you how many days I sat on my living room couch, in a daze, staring at those pumpkins and wondering how in the world I could continue living.

Ever since then, I've honestly dreaded fall and I've dreaded October and I've forced myself to get in the spirit.  The year after he died, I tried to buy several new fall decorations to make things look and feel different but they were still very much the same.

Fall was his favorite season.

As you know, we recently moved and built a new home and I unconsciously found myself buying all sorts of fall decorations.  It actually hit me today that I wasn't in a funk as I was setting things around the house.  I haven't ventured into the attic yet to get my fall decorations and I'm wondering if I should keep it that way.  Maybe I just need a brand new start with it all.  I know it might sound silly but those darn pumpkins represent the hardest days and weeks of my life.

I really don't have much out yet but thankfully I have found myself smiling every time I look at one of the fall things I have out.  Maybe there is hope after all.


This little sign is in my guest bathroom.

Just a couple little pumpkins on my tiered stand.

Not finished with the mantle but getting there.


Got my front porch decorated.

And of course my metal pumpkins....and I just added the mum the other day.

Trying to embrace this fall season and find joy.

No comments: