Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Elf

We got the stocking in this weekend!  Fits in perfectly with the rest.  When I think about that whole situation, I still smile and am in awe of the little blessings God's provides for our family.
 Rudy inside the Christmas Tree bag. (with his Halloween bandanna......don't judge!  Busy days around here)
 Little helpers :)
 I think this is our 6th Christmas with our elf, Cronko.  In the past, Cronko has moved from place to place without causing any trouble.  This year.....due to all the Pinterest ideas and friends posting on Facebook.......I decided that Cronko needed to become a little mischievous.  This has really thrown the boys for a loop.  They don't know what to think!  On his first day, he wrote "I'm back" with my eyeliner pencil.  Bad Cronko!

 The next day, he toilet papered our tree.  Sneaky little guy!  If you could see the wheels turning while the boys looked at the tree and then back at each other........trying to figure out how and why he would do such a thing.  Hilarious!  I sat and listened to them talk about it and try to find "clues" that were left behind.  I heard Hudson mention something about fingerprints and DNA......  Ha!!

This created LOTS of questions so the next day I decided that Cronko would behave like a good little elf.  This has been a fun tradition each year.  I'm going to be kind of sad when they don't believe anymore. 

Making a fort in the living room.  The perfect Sunday afternoon activity!

13 comments:

Jodi said...

The picture of all 3 boys hugging MELTS me.

And the stocking story is beyond fabulous. I love how God is so very concerned with all aspects of our lives... even stockings!

Whitney said...

Loved the pics! We have the same stockings! Austin is the reindeer and I'm the snowman! :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing how things work out! I like the picture of your 3 men! The boys really look like they love him. This may be too personal (like some things a few weeks ago), and you can ignore it, but I was hoping you'd do a post on how they have adjusted to Shawn as their 2nd dad. They really look happy. I am just wondering how they feel/act, if the relationship has formed well.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to update your blog's banner and info section :)

Jennifer said...

I completely agree!! I contacted the girl that made this one for me and she no longer does blogs. I haven't had the time to research people or find a good person to do it. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

Www.sweetiebabysblogdesign.com. She offers a variety of custom blog design packages. I found out about her when she donated one to the silent auction that was held for Julee Turner. Jennifer I really enjoy reading your blog, it is soooo real and touching. The honeymoon pictures were gorgeous! Btw I can understand changing or not changing your banner it is perfect however you choose to have it! ;)

Anonymous said...

I really recommend Elune Art!

Shannon said...

Such a great idea. I always told my kids, what my parents told me. "Once you don't believe in Santa, Santa no longer comes by on Christmas eve night", like me, my kids have never said a word to me, I like it that way, they are 21, 18, and 18, and "still believe" , we all know the reason they don't, but it's one of my favorite traditions, to stuff stockings, and leave santa presents. :)

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I'm all about being frugal, but why, oh why buy him one just like your departed hubby? I realize that to a man, this is probably a trivial detail (a simple stocking), but how about new ones for all of you? A fresh Christmas start for your new family maybe?

Yarni Gras! said...

love it! Gunter the gnome does naughty things at our home all year long! I love that photo of the fort....sort of bittersweet as my own children don't make them anymore...

Jennifer said...

Anonymous.....it def. had nothing to do with being frugal. I would have certainly purchased new ones if I felt strongly to do so. The year I purchased the stockings, I remembered there being a lot of different ones within that same line- there was a nutcracker, a santa and some others. I was hoping to find one of those but when this one popped up and already had his exact name sewn onto it then I just felt at peace with it. He didn't think one thing about it....and honestly I didn't either. One day when the boys are older I may think about getting new ones that are not as "kiddy" but for now the boys and I (and Shawn) really like these. I do believe in starting some things new but I also need to be sensitive to the boys and not change everything they have always known. It's def. a balancing act sometimes but I just pray about things or go with gut. Those have allowed me to make sound decisions in the past! :)

Allison said...

Love the stockings, and the elf looks like lots of fun for your boys. I'm having that issue with google storage, how did you get yours fixed????

Jennifer said...

Allison, when it said I was out of storage, it popped up with a few different upgrade options. I went with the $2.49 per month one. Just put in my cc info and it upgraded me. I was then able to add more pics to the blog. Hope that helps!