Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Favorites- Kids Christmas Edition


 I usually work on my Friday Favorites post throughout the week as I think of things.  Then on Friday morning, I hit "publish" and it's ready.  This has been a crazy week for me and last night I realized that I had not even started a post.  So today I am doing my boys favorite things (aka their Christmas lists)

We don't watch a ton of TV around here.  We will watch a DVD movie or the boys like to watch their DVD  Clone Wars shows.....but we don't watch a ton of live television.  That's a good thing but because of that, they really don't know what is out there as far as toys go since they don't see a ton of commercials.  Again, this is good but when it comes to thinking of things for Christmas, they struggle a little bit.  We went to Walmart last night to buy for our angel kids and we walked up and down the aisles getting ideas for them.  Here are a few things they came up with.

 Hudson wants:
Cooper wants:
************************************************************
This year, Santa is going to bring each of them this:
They both have pretty much outgrown their Big Wheels and used them so much that the tread on the tires are basically gone.  Hudson still can't ride a bike (I know......but we have tried and he is the most cautious kid on the planet!) so I felt that this was a great alternative for now.  I like that it's something they can both ride for years to come and it's an outside toy.  Win-win.  

We decided to take a trip this year so our gift to the boys will be a cool vacation and fun excursions while there. I would much rather spend $ on that then some toy that will take up space in the house.  Plus, between grandparents and stocking stuff.....they get plenty.

********************************************************
Cronko has still been causing trouble around here!
 In fact, he was so bad that our Lego guys tied him up!
 Making faces on our family pictures.
Cutting snowflakes!

So, what are some things on YOUR kids Christmas lists?  I am always on the lookout for cool boy things (feel free to list girl things too though because I have nieces to buy for as well)  The boys have birthdays in March so I can keep those in mind for then.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

val said...

I think the snowflake cutout was a good thing...maybe he was trying to make up for bad behavior!

Unknown said...

Have you ever looked into balance bikes? We used them for our kids who were nervous about balancing on two wheels. It eventually led them to be more comfortable (though one is still not 100% there yet, so I feel you!) on the bike.
-Liz

Aubree's Momma said...

My little girl is going CRAZY over the dream lite. She has also asked for stompeez, anything Minnie Mouse, babies and anything Doc McStuffins. She's pretty easy @ 3 years old! (:

Tara G. said...

A suggestion on bike riding- take the pedals off the bike and let him learn to balance on it first- just coasting and pushing himself along. You'll see when he's ready to have the pedals back on and he'll take off with no training wheels. It's worked with two of our kids.

Laura Drury said...

Never thought to make the elf do naughty things! That is sooo funny!!!