We left early Friday morning and set our sights on the Ouachita Mountains. The drive was nice- we took our time, stopped for lunch, listened to music and had some good conversations along the way. Once there, we checked into our mountainside cabin and then took a nice scenic drive near town. We had reservations at a wonderful Italian restaurant in town....which had great food and a relaxing outside eating area. Saturday was spent 4 wheeling through the back woods of Arkansas. We saw some amazing scenery. It was beautiful and peaceful.
All throughout the weekend, I kept thinking about how lucky I am. I often question why God has blessed me so abundantly? I know that many people never find a wonderful, Christian companion. I knew I was blessed to have Jason and now I feel equally as blessed to have Shawn. Some people never even find this once and I've found it twice. Sometimes I just don't feel deserving.
When I think about Shawn, I can't help but think about I Corinthians 13 :
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
because
Shawn is patient, Shawn is kind. He is not envious, he does not boast, he is not proud or rude...he is not self seeking or easily angered. He keeps no records of wrongs. He protects me, trusts me ........
He is the real deal and a true example of love. God's plan is always perfect (even when it might not make sense to us at times) and I can honestly say that He knew exactly what he was doing when he brought us together.





5 comments:
what perfect scripture to recall right now! I also think of Ecclesiastes 3, (to everything there is a season...)
Love ya!
I don't know why, but everyday I am amazed at God's hand in EVERYTHING. Same thing applies here and to you. I am amazed and so very grateful for what he has done in your life! Love you!
So happy to know you guys were able to have a weekend away! Every momma needs that! I love that scripture too! Such cute pics of you guys! Very happy for you :)
I am so happy for you and Shawn! Beautiful pictures, as usual!
Glad the trip went well! The pics are great. It is good to see you smile :)
Post a Comment