On New Year's Eve.....we packed up our car and headed about 3 hours east to a tiny town called Clarksville. Shawn's sister and husband have about 400 acres out there. In fact, Shawn's parents just bought about 10 of those acres and plan to build a house there this year.
A 3 hour road trip means that I get to DJ all the music and sing and dance in the car.
Can't you tell how excited he is about that? Ha!
The boys love getting to hang out with cousins. At one point, I looked over and saw all these kids playing and laughing together and my heart was so happy. That was always one thing I really wanted for my kids- cousins. My sister does have 2 amazing kids but they are older and while my boys love them to pieces.....they've never been at the same stages with them. When my boys were really small I would often get sad at the thought that my boys wouldn't have memories of playing with cousins. When Shawn and I got married....it was really cool to blend these families and gain some cousins that are the same ages and like the same things.
Cheers to a new year!
Driving around and checking everything out.
Back at home, this guy asked to do some of his science experiements. I am up to my eyeballs right now in boxes but sometimes you just have to stop and make lava lamps with your kid.
For Christmas, I decided that I wanted to get my boys a "box" subscription so that each month they get a different activity mailed to them. For Cooper, we got a science box called Spangler Science Club. This was our first box and Cooper loved it!
For Hudson, we got one called Tinker Crate. Its hard to tell (I should have taken a video) but you turn the handle and those little boards go up and down....which carries the ball to the end and back around. I was super impressed with it.
We are feeling the heat around there. Movers come next Thursday to store our stuff temporarily. We get keys to our apartment Thursday afternoon and we will spend Friday here with our housekeeper getting everything cleaned and ready for the new owners.














2 comments:
Cousins are the absolute best!
I was wondering which size you got for Cooper? My son was receiving the Tinker Crate but it was a little too hard for just him...which required A LOT of help from us.
hey! We did the Spangler Science for Cooper and he's 10. I just wasn't sure he could do the Tinker Crate independently. My 13 year old (who is wicked smart with building and science and all that) got the Tinker Crate (ages 9-16). I don't think Cooper could have done that box on his own if he had that one either. While I def had fun doing the science one with him, it was great knowing he could have done it on his own if he had to. Maybe try the Spangler Science one for him?
Post a Comment