Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Break and Easter Eggs

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a friend's house for a Wildtree party.  You basically show up with 10 gallon sized baggies full of protein and veggies and add these organic seasonings to the bags. Stick them in the freezer and you instantly have 10 meals to use on nights that are crazy.

The prep work was a beating.   A couple of hours and lots of meat later.....I was ready.  Here are my finished bags.  We actually ate one last night and it was good!

We have been busy busy lately on the house situation.  That's right.....we are starting the process and look forward to building a fabulous new home.  Fresh start.  I think we all need it.

Last Friday, Cooper got to spend the day at Hudson' school.......he had to do some testing and then he got to "shadow" in a classroom to see what its like.  He was so excited and had a great time. He is pumped that he gets to go there next year.  So glad he's excited.

This past week was Spring Break.  My boys spent the week between my moms and Jason's moms.  They had a blast.  Bowling.  Movies.  Smores.


Meanwhile. I had a dr appointment in Round Rock so we got to spend the night with one of my BFFs from college.  Amy.....aka "Gim" is one of my faves.


While out at my mom's house......the boys found this turtle.

And some friends that were also visiting their grandma.

Cooper's birthday fell over Spring Break.  It was the first year I wasn't with him.  Kinda made me sad but he was having a blast. He followed in brother's footsteps and asked for a big chunk of cash in place of a party. So I sort of lucked out this year since I didn't have to plan or coordinate anything.  Anyways, my little guy turned 10!!!!  No more single digits in my house :(

We got them back yesterday and Cooper was so excited to dye Easter eggs.

This is the reaction I get any time I pull out my camera.  I sure miss the days when photo ops were a breeze.



Shawn's good friend, Curt, came to eat dinner with us so he joined in on the fun.


These make me laugh!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I soooo need to start doing meals like that. Our evenings are crazy!! Are they mostly like crockpot meals? Or defrost and skillet type meals? I need to check out this Wildtree. I don't see any reps in my area.

Jennifer said...

Jenni!

They have different kits. This one is a crockpot collection so all 10 are crockpot meals. You can put them in frozen or thaw first. They have kid friendly kits, some that are for the oven, a Paleo one, etc.... this is the first one I've tried. I have made 2 so far and they are good! And Im usually not a huge fan of crockpot food

N said...

Did you have to pay for the wildtree party? What kinds of meals are they? I love following your blog and learning new things like this. Thanks!

Jennifer said...

Hey Nicole!

Yes, you pay $79 for the spices and after you've added them to your bags, you get to take whatever is left home with you. They give you other recipes and ideas on how to use them. I also got a Beer Bread too.

You follow the recipe and grocery list and add the spices and a few other things at the party. We made things like lasagna, enchilada stew, chicken wraps, ribs, ranch turkey breast, pork tenderloin, etc.... This particular class is all crockpot meals.