Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Favorites


So I've already confessed my obsession love for peppermint ice cream.  Just thought I'd mention this fabulous little treat.  I can't remember where I originally got this recipe years ago but here is a version that is pretty close to mine (except I also add 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract to the melted chocolate)
I love to make these for neighbors or teachers.  In fact, I just made a big batch today to send with the boys for their teachers tomorrow.  That's the problem........it's so yummy that it's a guarantee I will eat it all up.  I must give it away.  


A day or so before I left for the honeymoon, I made some last minute purchases.  I received a few Victoria Secret gift cards so I headed over there to see what damage I could cause.  Earlier that day, I reminded myself that I really needed to keep my eye out for a cute backpack....that I could use as a personal carry on for the plane (instead of a big purse) and still be something I could use while on excursions, etc.  I found this gold glitter backpack and instantly fell in love.  (for some reason they do not have the gold listed on the color options.  It's much cuter than this blue one in my opinion.)  I brought it home later that day and received a less than average response from sweet boy.  (I mean really?  What does he know??)  The day we left for LA, I had 2-3 people in the airport mention how cute it was, ask me where I got it, etc....  Of course I had to use this as an opportunity to rub this in his face because the little ole' backpack that he rolled his eyes at became a pretty big hit on our vacay.  This became a fun little joke between us that week.


So they recently opened a Raising Cane's near our house and I must say that the chicken fingers here are really good.  They taste very fresh.  I'm pretty picky about chicken/meat and it passes the test!

4.  Colored Jeans

I definitely jumped on the "colored jeans" trend a while back and I can honestly say that I LOVE the options you get with them.

Awesome.  Nuff said.

So, what are some of your favorite things?  

Happy Friday!!

9 comments:

The Ingleby Family said...

Hey Jen, I have run into the same problem on my blog and pictures, how did you fix this? andreainglebyatgmaildotcom

Andrea

Jennifer said...

Andrea, when I tried to upload the pics it gave me an error and said I was out of space. It prompted me to a page where I could choose a package. I went with the $2.49 per month one. I entered my payment info and after an hr or so it let me load pics. Hopefully this will be enough :)

val said...

Raising Cane's is even better in Louisiana, they tone the spices down in other states. Glad to know one opened there since we want to come back....one day...*sigh*

Lee Ann Thomas said...

Hey Jennifer! I started reading recently and have loved following your wedding, honeymoon and all of your new adventures. I stayed up late one night going back and reading old posts and admire your strength and am excited to keep reading and seeing what the Lord has in store for your family. Have a great weekend!
~Lee Ann

Anonymous said...

Jennifer...I found a cool boutique here that reminded me of stuff you post all the time! It's called Altrd State..(I think that's how it's spelled) and it's ridiculously reasonable. Do you have one there? I think you would love the clothes. Love keeping up with you! :)

Jennifer said...

Vanessa, I have never heard of that but I will def be looking into it. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Starbucks peppermint mocha latte, my kindle, sweater dresses, infinty scarves, my James Avery charm bracelet, carrots and pinenut hummus, HEB candy cane ice cream......just a few of mine!! :-)

Jenni Raygosa

Anonymous said...

Here's their website... check it out!

http://www.altardstate.com/

Anonymous said...

LOVE that backpack!!! Guess never appreciate the awesomeness that is GLITTER :)


Michelle Graham