Sunday, December 11, 2011

Easing In

So like it or not, I'm slowly easing into this new life of mine. I'm accepting things like: I'm a 35 year old widow. I sleep alone in my bed. I ask for a table for 3 at a restaurant. I must rely on family and friends to help me. I can't take away the pain my boys feel because they miss their daddy. While each of these things bring about their own type of pain, the fact is I can't change it. I'm becoming comfortable without my ring. I'm sleeping in the middle of the bed. I invite friends to lunch/dinner so that the number 3 isn't quite so obvious. I ask for help (sort of) when I need it. I pray fervently that my boys hearts are protected. I'm easing my way in.

Today I found my scrapbook from our Montana trip. I thought I'd share a few pictures since my last post was about our trip and that sweet ring he purchased.


Just packed up the car and ready to leave Flower Mound.
In Colorado



Jackson Hole, Wyoming


Taking a break at a park in the middle of Jackson Hole


Grand Tetons in the back. Such an amazing day.




Jenny Lake



Full day of hiking.




Old Faithful






Paradise Gateway- Montana


Red Lodge, Montana. At an old movie theater. If you look close, you can see his ring.


Driving through the Beartooth Scenic Byway. Breathtaking.


When I was in the study today, I found the binder up in the closet. It had the full itinerary, maps, printouts of all the Bed and Breakfast places. I'm so thankful he kept this.


Another sweet treasure for me today.


"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." Eleanor Roosevelt

4 comments:

mandy said...

Both of you are so beautiful inside and out! Once again thank you for sharing this with everyone. God had such a plan for both of you! Such happy memories! Always praying for you and the boys Jennifer!

Bethelline Schaefer said...

Thank-you for sharing the beginning of your love story! Beautiful . . .

val said...

oh my gosh, I can't believe he kept that binder...what an amazing gift for you to have found. A true treasure.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun & beautiful trip! I'm not very sentimental and Chris is, he even did a scrapbook for Gracie when she was born. I know someday I will appreciate these things about him. Thanks for the reminder! :)