Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July "Wireferks" and Ice Cream

We had a great 4th of July weekend! On Friday, Jason had a work party so we had a few hours to relax (in the sweltering heat!) without the kids. Later that night, Jason took Hudson to the Ranger game with some of my family and he loved every minute of it......especially the firework show at the end. Saturday, we headed out to Granbury to hang out with some of my extended family.
They had blindfold golf cart races......which was hilarious. One person had to instruct the driver, who was blindfolded, how to go through the obstacle course.Mom giving Mike some directions.
Hudson and Cooper with GrammyOur family......hot and sweaty!!
We headed back home and later that night we set off some "wireferks" (as Cooper calls them) and sparklers on our driveway.When Jason first started lighting them, Hudson ran away because he was scared.
He finally came around and realized they were not so bad after all. (notice the facial expression- he wants to enjoy himself but is still a little nervous about the whole thing!)Not this monkey boy....he grabbed those sparklers like a champ and had himself a good ole time!

Jason shooting some Roman Candles in the street. The boys really liked those!

***********************************************************************************

On Sunday evening, we took a walk around the neighborhood. During our walk we heard the ice cream man driving through our neighborhood. Since we were already outside and since our kids have never had the "ice cream truck experience" we decided to let them order something.

I love his face. If I could only know what he's thinking.......probably something like "Dear God, thank you for letting my mommy say yes to ice cream!!"
Savoring every single bite!

We had 2 happy boys on our hands.This picture cracks me up! Hudson finished his ice cream bar before Cooper finished his cone. He watched Cooper like a puppy dog.......

........until sweet brother decided to share. Aww!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

that ice cream cone looked divine!

Yarni Gras! said...

those pics of the boys eating ice cream are just too funny!

Kristin said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday!

Wireferks! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner! I love yours sons birthday cakes! I live in Fort Worth and I am always looking for someone to make birthday cakes. I have two boys too! Blake (3) and Miles (8 months). Please email me the cake lady's name and number (and website?)
when you get a chance!
Thank you!!
~Laurie Brown

Anonymous said...

Forgot to put my email!
lauriebrownteacher@yahoo.com