Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

I love when my boys pull random things out (boxes, recycle items, etc....) and get creative.  I was in the kitchen and heard them laughing and playing so nicely together.  Hudson wouldn't let me take any more pics but they created some neat things this day.

On Sunday......I started craving fall and cooler temps and pumpkins.  I made these cookies and like before, they do not disappoint.  They are light and fluffy....not too sweet or rich.  They were just what I had been craving.

Sometimes I just need some "smell good" all over my house.  If you have read this blog for long then you know that we ditched the candles and Scentsy burners and plug-ins a couple of years ago when we realized they were majorly messing with Cooper's allergies. I love making sprays like this because they smell SOOO good but contain zero chemicals.

On Monday, we packed up and headed to my sister's house for a pool day and hanging out with family.  I made this yummy guacamole! It's so good!



Oh my word.  Have you played the game Bean Boozled?  You can find it on Amazon, at Walmart or many drug stores.  Basically you spin a spinner and chose the color jellybean that matches your color on the spinner.  Your jelly bean will either taste like coconut or baby wipes.....lime or lawn clippings,.......licorice or skunk.  We played it as a group and got SO tickled by the reactions.  These jellybeans were seriously so gross and tasted just like what it said.  Dog food, rotten cheese, barf.....yep.  Just like it! 


On Saturday when we went to Shawn's sister's house......they gave me a HUGE bag of organic beef bones.  I have only made chicken broth but now I had the bones to try my hand at the beef broth.

After you let it cook on low for 24 hours in your crockpot, you strain the juice from the bones and veggies......  I scoop the juice out and then strain it over a larger glass Pyrex bowl.

Your strainer will catch all of this......and you just toss it out.

I got some yummy beef broth.....now to find some good recipes that call for it!  Stay tuned. :)

3 comments:

DianeS said...

Where do you get the glass spray bottles for your room spray?

Tara G. said...

Apple glazed meatballs...apples, turkey sausage+ and a glaze with honey, broth and apple butter. Soooo yummy! Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

Jennifer said...

Sounds yummy. I'd love the recipe