Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting Oily

I've had quite a few people email me lately in regards to the oils we use.  I've tried to get back with everyone but I thought I'd post again here so that everyone can see it.

It's just a hunch I've got.....but something tells me that you are starting to freak out about ObamaCare.  If you aren't freaking out, then you should probably start.  I've seen countless friends on Facebook that have posted and complained that their monthly premiums are doubling and their coverage is going down.  Who knows if anyone will be able to afford a regular doctor visit in the future.  How much will it cost?  And what kind of wait will there be now that those extra million people are about to be insured?

If you haven't started thinking about a way to self treat yourself, then you better get on it.  I'm serious.

I've always said there is a time and place for medicine and doctors.  But I've always leaned towards the conservative side as far as antibiotics and doctors and all that.  I've been drawn towards the homeopathic/natural side of treating issues for as long as I can remember.  Lately, I've been getting lots of questions about it.....and oils are just one part of the equation.

After doing some research, I decided to use Young Living oils. There are lots of oils on the market but they are not all created equal.  I do not want to get into a debate here.  Some people are pretty passionate about their company of choice and I refuse to get into the mud slinging that others partake in.  This is a personal choice and I'm pleased and happy with it.  Yes, you can google and find some bad stuff about YL.  Let me first say that just because it's on the internet.....that does NOT make it true.  There are other companies out there that go to great measures to toss this company under the bus.  Because I do not "sell" or work this as a business, I do not get quite as emotional as others do.  I do tell people about how these oils have helped our family and if people choose to use them then that is awesome.  I will help you however I can.

Here are just a few oils we use at our house:

Did you know that these oils can be taken internally?  Yep, they are 100% therapeutic so they are safe to ingest.  When allergies start messing with me, I pour lemon and lavender and peppermint into a blank capsule and create an "allergy shot."  Helps so much.  For my kiddos that don't swallow pills....I put a drop of each on the bottom of their feet.

Cooper is actually the reason I started using oils.  When his coughing and restrictive airway starts acting up......I start slathering him with Raven and RC and Eucalyptus Blue.  I put it on his back and chest and the bottom of his feet.  This keeps him from coughing at night.  I haven't done a single breathing treatment since we started using them.  And if you remember the end of summer then you know we were up every. single. night doing treatments because his allergies were out of control.  I also diffuse these by his bed at night.

Vertigo runs in my family.  I get it from time to time but it seems ever since I had my car accident back in April....I get it more often.  I rub ginger behind my ears and smell ginger and tangerine from the bottle and it takes it away or makes it more manageable.

Sweet boy has struggled with gastritis (inflammation of the stomach/intestines) and all these help with that.

Have diarrhea, an upset tummy or stomach cramps.  Digize will take it away.  Seriously.

Have an overactive child?  I put these on Hudson's feet before school and this helps to keep him calm and grounded.

Sweet boy had issues with his prostate a couple months ago.  I asked him before getting a prescription if we could try oils first.  Knocked that right out with just these 2 oils.

Tight neck or sore muscles?  These are your friends!

Have a mole or skin tag you want gone?  We have removed one from Shawn's leg with using this oil twice a day on it.  Bam!

Both boys have this diffuser in their room.  If Cooper's cough is lingering then I will diffuse RC or Raven.  Sometimes Hudson will get Peace and Calming to help him sleep.  Most days, I just diffuse Thieves because that will kill 99% of the yucky airborne stuff.  I also put a drop of Thieves on their feet at night just as a preventative.

We have more oils than these but you get the idea.  We are able to treat headaches, strep, leg/growing pains, allergies, sore throat, etc.......all without medication.

Lots of people have asked how they can get started?  Personally, I chose the Premium starter kit (comes with 10 of the most common/everyday oils and the diffuser) and also the RC for Cooper's cough stuff.  I have bought a ton more since then for other issues and we have been happy with the results.

If you purchase a starter kit, you don't have to pay the $40 enrollment fee and you get wholesale pricing.  You are not forced to buy a certain amount each month and you don't have to sign up for a monthly autoship.  No risk! (they do have a great program if you do choose to buy every month thru an autoship.  You can earn free oils and it's a great way to add to your inventory)

Go to Young Living and look around.  If you do decide to try it, become a member/distributor (choose distributor instead of customer) and pay only the wholesale price (enter my member number 1497619 as the referral number in both places) and please contact me if  you have any questions.  I would love to help you out!  For anyone that buys the premium starter kit......I will send you the $25 fast start bonus that they pay me (I'm honestly not doing this for the $) to go towards the Essential Oils reference book. This book has a wealth of information and is essential when using oils.  It will tell you exactly which oil to use for each issue/ailment.

Hope that helps!!

13 comments:

Elisa B said...

Thank you for this post. I've been seeing more and more FB friends trying them. I'm going to look at your link and will definitely use your code if i order!

lesley said...

Do you know of anything for urinary track infections? I know that cranberry helps so I take that in the soft gel form but I was wondering if there are any oils out there that would help with bladder infections. Ugh. Those are the worst!

Also, I have a 7 year old with a constant night time stuffy nose. Any oils for that?

Thanks!!

Jennifer said...

Hey Lesley,

My big reference book lists several oils but Cedarwood and Purification are the top 2 for infections. It mentions using Cypress as a general "support" for the urinary tract. It refers me to the bladder and mentioned Lemongrass and Thieves as the top 2 oils for that. If you did decide to purchase the premium starter kit, you will get Purification and Thieves with that. Cedarwood is only $11.25, Cypress is $19.25 and Lemongrass is $11.25. The cool part is that there are SOOOOO many other things that these oils can be used for. So it's not like UTI is the only thing they will help.

As for the stuffy nose.....my Cooper gets this often too. Before bed, I have his blow a good saline solution in each nostril and blow. This helps sort of break things up. I then will put a drop of Eucalyptus Blue on the tops of his feet and massage in along the sinus/bronchial area of his feet (I look at a picture of reflexology points on his feet) This oil, combine with the location of where I put it and rub, really helps open his airways up and unclog his nose for some reason. I also diffuse that at night by his bed and that helps a lot.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Kelli Fletcher said...

I have really been considering these for months! Thanks for the info! Any ideas for dry itchy skin? Also I get nervous about ingesting them. I don't even like to take Tylenol. (yes, I see the irony since I am a nurse.) Any concerns about that or info to make me feel better?

Jennifer said...

Hey Kelli,

I'm not a huge fan of taking things either but I feel great about these. They have helped me so much when I put them in capsules. Here are a few things to read:

https://blog.youngliving.com/how-to-use-thieves-essential-oil-blend/#.UqZFOmRDsVk

What Is An Essential Oil?
Plants contain complex and powerful substances known as
essential oils. These are aromatic liquids derived from shrubs,
flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. These distinctive
components defend plants from insects, harsh environmental
conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow,
live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Referred to as the
essence of the plant, pure essential oils not only protect the
plant, but also determine its aroma.
Essential oils have been used throughout time dating back to
4500 BC. From perfumes and aromatherapy to cooking and
medicinal purposes, essential oils have been used in everyday
life for centuries. In modern days, research shows that pure
essential oils can provide similar benefits to humans and
animals that they give to plants.

I m p o rta n c e of Q ua lIt y
Many oils, touted as essential oils, are derived with harsh chemicals, diluted,
or copied and produced in a lab. Cheap copies bring cheap results and have
the potential to be toxic. Therefore, it is imperative to take great care in
choosing high-quality essential oils.

The Young Living Standard
Young Living offers pure, unadulterated essential oils, essential oil blends, and
oil-enhanced products. At Young Living, in-house and independent laboratory
testing shows that our essential oils meet high industry standards that qualify
them as “therapeutic grade.” This means that health professionals choose
them for promoting health and wellness.
Young Living is dedicated to producing essential oils from the highest-quality
plants. Healthy plants and proper distillation produce superior essential
oils with powerful benefits. Every oil is put through a series of rigorous tests
before it is deemed qualified to bear the Young Living label. Our essential
oils are then bottled in dark, thick, glass containers to protect the integrity of
the oils. Under the lid is a fixed orifice that helps to measure dosages and to
ensure safety, particularly for young children.

In t e r n a l c o n sum p tIo n
Research indicates that some oils are more effective when taken
orally. Only pure essential oils, proven safe and labeled as dietary
supplements, should be used internally. Dilution and dosage is
dependent on the age, size, and the
health constitution of the individual.
Follow the recommended dosage on
individual product labels to ensure
safety

suggEstEd intErnal cOnsumptiOn mEthOds:
+ Put several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow with water.
+ Add 1– drops to a glass of water or rice milk.
+ Put 1– drops onto a piece of bread or add to your meals when cooking.
+ Add 1– drops onto a teaspoon of Blue Agave and swallow.
+ Drop directly onto the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution
when using this method. Many oils are very strong and should be tested by
pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine
the amount of oil to be used.

Jennifer said...

For the dry itchy skin, I would suggest that you get some organic coconut oil from sprouts or natural grocery story (it's the big tub of white coconut oil. It will stay solid or turn liquid if it gets hotter than 76 degrees but will harden back up again) Its great for skin......in fact I use this when I'm using a few oils that have a hot feel to them. It helps with application for small kids.

For itchy spots, I would mix coconut oil with peppermint or lavender essential oils. Both are good for this.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer said...

so Kelli, basically this is why you need to choose a high quality oil. And YL has a very high standard it goes through to process them.....so this makes them 100% therapeutic and safe to swallow/ingest

lesley said...

Thank you!! I will check these out! I'm excited to try them and I appreciate all your help!

Jennifer said...

Is there an oil for stress and anxiety?

Jennifer said...

Jennifer, YES there are oils for those.

For stress- lavender, lemon and stress-away are great (all of these come in the starter kit)

For anxiety- lavender, lemon and Peace and Calming are good (all 3 in the starter kit)

Roman Chamomilie and Ylang Ylang are also mentioned for both of these

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

I'm thinking about ordering & will use your code! Thanks for the information about the oils. In case you are wondering who I am, I'm good friends with June & taught at Circle of Friends a couple of years. lol :)

Rachel said...

Jennifer,

When you put the oils into capsule form do you also add a carrier oil or just take the essential oil in the capsule and that's it. I just did your "allergy shot" and didn't add a carrier oil and am now panicking because not sure if I should have or not??! ;)

Rachel said...

Jennifer do you add a carrier oil to your capules when you take the essential oils internally?